Kern County girl, 11, trapped when car careens into bedroom
RIDGECREST, Calif. (KABC) -- A car plowed into a duplex in a Kern County neighborhood, injuring the driver and an 11-year-old girl early Saturday morning.
The crash happened shortly before 5 a.m. at 240 Oasis Drive in Ridgecrest.
The car careened through the wall of the girl's bedroom, trapping her between the bed and the vehicle.
Police, fire and utility crews had to stabilize the vehicle and the structure before attempting to rescue the child and the driver.
They were able to extricate both and transported them to a hospital with minor injuries.
The cause of the accident was under investigation.
car crash, rescue, california news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'