San Diego mayor sexual harassment scandal: 8th accuser comes forward
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- An eighth woman is coming forward in the sexual harassment scandal involving San Diego Mayor Bob Filner.
Lisa Curtin claims Filner cornered her after a meeting in 2011. Curtin says Filner grabbed her left hand, twirled her wedding ring, and asked if it was real. Then, he came in closer.
"I turned my head at that moment, and on the side of my face, I got a very wet, saliva-filled kiss, including feeling his tongue on my cheek," she said.
Meantime, the City Council voted unanimously to deny Filner's request for the city to pay for his legal fees.
They also authorized a cross-complaint that allows them to sue Filner for compensation if the city is found to have any liability in the case.
san diego, california news
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians