San Diego mayor sexual harassment scandal: 8th accuser comes forward
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- An eighth woman is coming forward in the sexual harassment scandal involving San Diego Mayor Bob Filner.
Lisa Curtin claims Filner cornered her after a meeting in 2011. Curtin says Filner grabbed her left hand, twirled her wedding ring, and asked if it was real. Then, he came in closer.
"I turned my head at that moment, and on the side of my face, I got a very wet, saliva-filled kiss, including feeling his tongue on my cheek," she said.
Meantime, the City Council voted unanimously to deny Filner's request for the city to pay for his legal fees.
They also authorized a cross-complaint that allows them to sue Filner for compensation if the city is found to have any liability in the case.
san diego, california news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event