Amber Alert: Man suspected of killing woman, taking kids
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A disturbing discovery led to an Amber Alert on Monday. Sheriff's deputies found the bodies of a woman and a child inside a burned house in Boulevard, southeast of San Diego.
The owner of that home, 40-year-old James DiMaggio, is suspected of killing 44-year-old Christina Anderson and abducting one or both of her children.
Sheriff's investigators said that Anderson's body was found Sunday night and that she is a victim of a homicide. They did not say how she was killed.
In a burned garage was the body of a child whose identity and manner of death remain undetermined. A dog was also found dead inside the house.
Authorities wouldn't say whether the body may be one of Anderson's two children, 16-year-old Hannah and 8-year-old Ethan. An Amber Alert was issued for the children.
Authorities say DiMaggio was in a close platonic relationship with Anderson. Dimaggio is believed to be driving a blue 2013 four-door Nissan Versa with the California license plate 6WCU986.
Anyone with information was asked to call the San Diego Sheriff's Department at (858) 565-5200.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
kidnap, san diego, homicide investigation, california news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace' 42 min ago
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate