Amber Alert: Man suspected of killing woman, taking kids
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A disturbing discovery led to an Amber Alert on Monday. Sheriff's deputies found the bodies of a woman and a child inside a burned house in Boulevard, southeast of San Diego.
The owner of that home, 40-year-old James DiMaggio, is suspected of killing 44-year-old Christina Anderson and abducting one or both of her children.
Sheriff's investigators said that Anderson's body was found Sunday night and that she is a victim of a homicide. They did not say how she was killed.
In a burned garage was the body of a child whose identity and manner of death remain undetermined. A dog was also found dead inside the house.
Authorities wouldn't say whether the body may be one of Anderson's two children, 16-year-old Hannah and 8-year-old Ethan. An Amber Alert was issued for the children.
Authorities say DiMaggio was in a close platonic relationship with Anderson. Dimaggio is believed to be driving a blue 2013 four-door Nissan Versa with the California license plate 6WCU986.
Anyone with information was asked to call the San Diego Sheriff's Department at (858) 565-5200.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
kidnap, san diego, homicide investigation, california news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 37 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 35 min ago
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 35 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 33 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks