Amber Alert: Man suspected of killing woman, taking kids
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A disturbing discovery led to an Amber Alert on Monday. Sheriff's deputies found the bodies of a woman and a child inside a burned house in Boulevard, southeast of San Diego.
The owner of that home, 40-year-old James DiMaggio, is suspected of killing 44-year-old Christina Anderson and abducting one or both of her children.
Sheriff's investigators said that Anderson's body was found Sunday night and that she is a victim of a homicide. They did not say how she was killed.
In a burned garage was the body of a child whose identity and manner of death remain undetermined. A dog was also found dead inside the house.
Authorities wouldn't say whether the body may be one of Anderson's two children, 16-year-old Hannah and 8-year-old Ethan. An Amber Alert was issued for the children.
Authorities say DiMaggio was in a close platonic relationship with Anderson. Dimaggio is believed to be driving a blue 2013 four-door Nissan Versa with the California license plate 6WCU986.
Anyone with information was asked to call the San Diego Sheriff's Department at (858) 565-5200.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
kidnap, san diego, homicide investigation, california news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 8 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 34 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons