Rim Fire: Yosemite road reopens, fire 81 percent contained
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A key highway into Yosemite National Park has reopened.
Traffic started moving again Saturday on State Route 120. The Forest Service closed the road nearly three weeks ago, when the Rim Fire started.
The 400-square-mile fire is 81 percent contained. Full containment is expected by the end of the week.
The fire started when an illegal camp fire got out of control.
fire, california news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 1 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
12 min ago