Junior Seau's youngest brother, Tony, dies
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- The family of late San Diego Chargers star Junior Seau has been struck by tragedy again.
Seau's youngest brother, 36-year-old Tony Seau, died Thursday at a local hospital. According to reports, friends and family posted on Twitter that he had a heart attack.
Tony Seau played football as well at Palomar College in San Marcos and Eastern Washington University. But he had problems off the field. Back in 1993, he pleaded guilty to attempted murder in a gang-related attack that wounded a man. He served time at the California Youth Authority.
While at Eastern Washington in 2002, he was shot in the head during a gang-fueled argument at a party.
Junior Seau died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in May 2012. He was 43.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- Stress management tip - call your doctor
25 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
20 min ago