Mega Millions game: Faster growing jackpots coming soon
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Starting Tuesday, Oct. 22, the California Lottery is boosting jackpots and adding more ping pong balls to the Mega Millions game.
Lotto officials say that means Mega Millions players will see larger and faster growing jackpots and will have better odds of winning small prizes.
The minimum starting jackpot will be upped $3 million, to $15 million per game.
The downside is that the number of possible balls has been increased to 75, and the number of gold Mega numbers will go down to 15. The net result will be a 1 in 15 chance of winning any prize.
City News Service contributed to this report.
lottery, california news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 47 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 54 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 14 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere