CBP officers seize $250,650 of marijuana along border
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- Federal customs agents uncovered 557 pounds of marijuana concealed inside a shipment of cactus leaves Thursday.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers found 167 wrapped packages of marijuana hidden inside a trailer carrying a shipment of produce around 7:40 p.m. at the Otay Mesa cargo facility.
Officials said the canine team screened the trailer and received a positive alert from the detector dog.The marijuana confiscated was valued at an estimated $250,650.
drug war, arrest, california, mexico, california news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 23 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies 13 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video