Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A Sacramento family received an early Christmas gift when they became the proud parents of rare identical triplets!
The Hepners' babies, named Abby, Brin and Laurel, are extremely rare since they were naturally conceived.
Hannah Hepner gave birth last week, and now the new parents are just trying to take it all in.
"It's everything at once. I think you can get lost just staring in their faces, then it's just in the moment, but it's overwhelming to think about everything to come," she said.
Experts say the odds of producing identical triplets without fertility drugs range between 1-in-1-million to 1-in-100-million.
Abby weighed 3 pounds, 2 ounces; Brin 3 pounds, 11 ounces; and Laurel 4 pounds.
The Hepners' say their new daughters are enough for them right now. They don't plan on any more kids in the future.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
pregnancy, california news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks