Amber Alert canceled: 7-year-old Antioch girl found safe
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KABC) -- An Amber Alert was canceled Friday night after a 7-year-old girl who was abducted in front of her Antioch home was found safe. The suspect has been taken into custody, according to investigators.
Natalie Calvo was kidnapped around 6:45 p.m. by an unknown man. Calvo's mother told investigators that they were followed home from a shopping trip to their local Wal-Mart store.
She said when they got out of their car, a man with a rifle confronted them and snatched the girl. He sped away in his car while her mother frantically called 911.
Police say there were two attempted abductions at the Antioch Wal-Mart on Thursday.
The suspect was described as an Asian male, approximately 40-50 years old. He was last seen driving a 1990s gold Toyota Camry. No details were immediately released about how the girl was found.
Anyone with information about the case was asked to call Antioch police at (925) 778-2441.
kidnap, california news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 1 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts