Amber Alert canceled: 7-year-old Antioch girl found safe
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KABC) -- An Amber Alert was canceled Friday night after a 7-year-old girl who was abducted in front of her Antioch home was found safe. The suspect has been taken into custody, according to investigators.
Natalie Calvo was kidnapped around 6:45 p.m. by an unknown man. Calvo's mother told investigators that they were followed home from a shopping trip to their local Wal-Mart store.
She said when they got out of their car, a man with a rifle confronted them and snatched the girl. He sped away in his car while her mother frantically called 911.
Police say there were two attempted abductions at the Antioch Wal-Mart on Thursday.
The suspect was described as an Asian male, approximately 40-50 years old. He was last seen driving a 1990s gold Toyota Camry. No details were immediately released about how the girl was found.
Anyone with information about the case was asked to call Antioch police at (925) 778-2441.
kidnap, california news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter