Covered California: Some payment deadlines extended to Jan. 15
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- People who signed up for Covered California now have more time to pay their first premium.
The state has extended the payment deadline to Jan. 15 for coverage that began Jan. 1.
A surge of people signed up for insurance late last year. Many of them are having trouble getting an invoice from their insurance company or are having trouble paying the bill online.
More than 400,000 people are signed up for Covered California insurance policies.
health, health care, health insurance, california news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 52 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 59 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 19 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere