What's Bugging You?
What's bugging you? Pothole repair
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- With this new round of storms, get ready for a bumpy ride. You can bet there are going to be more potholes around town, and that is what is bugging you. Here's what you can do to get rid of them.
It hurts you and your car when you drive over enormous potholes. Look around and the problem appears to be getting worse.
"When you drive you can't even see the potholes until you hit it," said L.A. resident Juanita Anderson.
Anderson says she's never seen it this bad. Her complaint is that even if a pothole is repaired it doesn't last long.
"A lot of times they do this and it's temporary, and it's just a matter of months later, you go through the same process again," said Anderson.
"What's been bugging me like most drivers is all those potholes that we see," said L.A. City Council President Eric Garcetti. "We have the second worst streets in America of a major big city."
Potholes have to be repaired quickly or they get much worse.
"I'm concerned there's something going on under the street and a car's going to drive on it, it's going to give way and fall right in the hole," said L.A. resident Patricia Wilcox.
Wilcox e-mailed Eyewitness News after trying sending photos to the city.
"Finally that's when I contacted you," said Wilcox. "I thought maybe you would listen."
Garcetti says for years the city just didn't have enough money. More roads would deteriorate than they could repair. Garcetti says this year there is good news.
"This year we also have some stimulus dollars and we have protected gas tax money," said Garcetti.
He says to call the city and let them know where the problems are.
"The city can turn around a pothole in 24 to 48 hours, but it has to be called in," said Garcetti. "So if your viewers will call 311 in the city of Los Angeles, we can get a team out there to pave that pothole over."
"I don't know. We'll see. Actions speak greater than words," said Wilcox.
Viewers who call the city can let Eyewitness News know about it in order to check to see if they are indeed going out to fix those potholes, and if not, why not.
what's bugging you?, carlos granda
- Southern California heat expected to die down 6 min ago
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians
- Entire Newport Beach Little League suspended
46 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
6 min ago
What's Bugging You?
- What's Bugging You Home Page
- Click here to tell us What's Bugging You
- Photos: What's Bugging You? Read complaints
- What's Bugging You? Smokers in traffic
- What's Bugging You? Tricky rebate deals
- What's bugging you? Pedestrians who text
- What's bugging you? Brush clearance
- What's Bugging You? Morning construction
- What's Bugging You? Text-message spam