Al-Qaeda spokesman from O.C. may be dead
A local man who became notorious as an al-Qaeda spokesman may have been killed.
A British newspaper is reporting that Adam Gadahn, who was raised in Orange County, may have been killed along the Afghan-Pakistan border in an air strike.
Gadahn, known as "Azzam the American", hasn't been heard from in months.
This week, intelligence officials are watching to see if he produces a new video message as he has every anniversary of September 11 since 2003.
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment 8 min ago
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- 'Sexting' case at IE schools nets teen arrest
- Suspect shot, hurt after aiming gun at police
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Plane lands on belly after having gear issues 49 min ago
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash 11 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list