Al-Qaeda spokesman from O.C. may be dead
A local man who became notorious as an al-Qaeda spokesman may have been killed.
A British newspaper is reporting that Adam Gadahn, who was raised in Orange County, may have been killed along the Afghan-Pakistan border in an air strike.
Gadahn, known as "Azzam the American", hasn't been heard from in months.
This week, intelligence officials are watching to see if he produces a new video message as he has every anniversary of September 11 since 2003.
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 3 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 29 min ago
- Alleged arsonist sets fire in Hollywood 1 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role