Ex-'Survivor' producer denied release
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Attorneys for a jailed reality TV producer charged with murdering his wife in Mexico asked a federal judge to release him on Tuesday.
A federal judge has rejected another effort to have former "Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redman released from custody in connection with the killing of his wife in Mexico.
Attorneys for Beresford-Redman claim federal prosecutors don't have enough evidence to hold him while he fights extradition to Mexico.
U.S. Magistrate Judge Suzanne Segal disagreed, and again ordered that Beresford-Redman remain jailed without bail pending extradition proceedings.
Bruce Beresford-Redman has been in jail since Nov.16.
Prosecutors say it's too early to present evidence obtained from Mexican authorities.
An L.A. judge last week refused to set bail for Beresford-Redman. He is wanted in Mexico for allegedly killing his wife, Monica Beresford-Redman, while the two vacationed at a Cancun resort.
Monica's body was found on April 8 outside the hotel. She had been beaten and strangled.
homicide investigation, murder, south bay, mexico, world news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 37 min ago
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 6 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 7 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy 55 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft 10 min ago
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video