Queen offers William, Kate Buckingham Palace
LONDON (KABC) -- Queen Elizabeth has apparently offered Prince William and Kate Middleton one of the most famous addresses on the planet as they start out as husband and wife.
The Sun says the queen invited the couple to share Buckingham Palace with her as their official London residence.
She and Prince Phillip would still use the palace Monday to Thursday but on weekends, the prince and future princess would be the only royals in residence.
The pair needs a London base, but they will spend most of their first year in North Wales where Prince William works.
Meanwhile, it seems Middleton has made one of the most important decisions about her upcoming wedding.
People magazine said she's chosen a designer to create her wedding gown, but the identity will remain a secret as is the couple's wish.
There is some speculation that it could be British designer Bruce Oldfield.
Middleton's mother and sister were spotted heading to his store in the Knightsbridge area of London.
celebrity, world news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- CA proposal: Kill switch for stolen phones?
25 min ago