Car bomb strikes funeral in Iraq, killing 40
BAGHDAD (KABC) -- Officials said at least 40 people were killed and 78 others were wounded when a car bomb exploded near a funeral tent in Iraq.
The explosion happened Thursday in a mainly Shiite area of Baghdad.
The attack is the latest in recent bombings that have killed nearly 200 people.
Iraqi soldiers and an electricity official were also targeted by sporadic bombings on Thursday.
terrorism, iraq, world news
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 14 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 57 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015 44 min ago
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts 42 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
31 min ago