Car bomb strikes funeral in Iraq, killing 40
BAGHDAD (KABC) -- Officials said at least 40 people were killed and 78 others were wounded when a car bomb exploded near a funeral tent in Iraq.
The explosion happened Thursday in a mainly Shiite area of Baghdad.
The attack is the latest in recent bombings that have killed nearly 200 people.
Iraqi soldiers and an electricity official were also targeted by sporadic bombings on Thursday.
terrorism, iraq, world news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 36 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months