New video shows people running from tsunami
MIYAGI, Japan (KABC) -- New video of the devastation in Japan shows people running down a road as the tsunami rushes into the town of Miyagi.
Miyagi was one of the hardest hit cities after a 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami hit the country on Friday. Nearly 8,000 people are still missing.
The video shows how close the people were to the fast-moving water, but luckily, they were on a higher piece of ground, which likely saved their lives.
The water comes close to overflowing their embankment before it's diverted by a hillside.
earthquake, world news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 49 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry