Libya's Gadhafi brags that he's still alive
TRIPOLI, Libya (KABC) -- Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi bragged he's still alive, and NATO can't get to him in a defiant audio recording released after the latest round of NATO airstrikes on his compound.
"I tell the coward crusaders - I live in a place where you can't get to and kill me," he said. "I live in the hearts of millions."
One Libyan official claims Gadhafi and his family moved out of the compound some time ago.
Two NATO strikes could be heard early Friday morning, though it was not immediately clear what they targeted.
They followed a round of NATO airstrikes on Thursday that struck Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's compound in Tripoli. At least two people were killed.
NATO is facing complaints for an airstrike on the city of Brega that killed 11 Muslim clerics. But NATO officials say they choose their targets carefully, and the building that was hit had been identified as a command center.
The rebels have recently gotten major boosts from abroad, including $53 million in humanitarian aid from the U.S. Britain has promised to give them police gear.
A delegation of Libyan rebel fighters were meeting White House officials for talks on Friday.
The White House said Mahmoud Jibril, a representative of the Libyan Transitional National Council, would meet with senior administration officials, including National Security Adviser Tom Donilon, as well as members of Congress. But there were no plans for President Barack Obama to meet with Jibril and his delegation.
In the Hague, Netherlands, the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court said he would seek arrest warrants on Monday for three senior Libyan leaders for murder and persecution - with Gadhafi expected to be among them.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
bombing, world news
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search 38 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons