Prince William,Kate end Seychelles honeymoon
NAIROBI, Kenya (KABC) -- It's back to the grind for Britain's newly married Prince William and his wife, the former Kate Middleton.
The honeymoon is officially over for the royal newlyweds. They have left the island nation of the Seychelles after a relaxing, 10-day honeymoon.
The Coast Guard there worked diligently to make sure the couple had privacy and it did not go unnoticed.
On the last day of their getaway, the royal couple invited Coast Guard members ashore to personally thank them.
The island nation's foreign minister said the nation was proud to host the couple.
"The people of Seychelles are truly honored that Prince William and his wife chose to return to Seychelles for this special holiday and we are proud to have been able to offer them a peaceful and private getaway," Jean-Paul Adam said in a statement released by the government.
The string of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean about 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) off the eastern coast of Kenya is known for its sandy beaches, clear waters and secluded hideaways.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
royal wedding, world news
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies 8 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- DTLA police search: armed, dangerous suspect 1 min ago
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler