Prince William,Kate end Seychelles honeymoon
NAIROBI, Kenya (KABC) -- It's back to the grind for Britain's newly married Prince William and his wife, the former Kate Middleton.
The honeymoon is officially over for the royal newlyweds. They have left the island nation of the Seychelles after a relaxing, 10-day honeymoon.
The Coast Guard there worked diligently to make sure the couple had privacy and it did not go unnoticed.
On the last day of their getaway, the royal couple invited Coast Guard members ashore to personally thank them.
The island nation's foreign minister said the nation was proud to host the couple.
"The people of Seychelles are truly honored that Prince William and his wife chose to return to Seychelles for this special holiday and we are proud to have been able to offer them a peaceful and private getaway," Jean-Paul Adam said in a statement released by the government.
The string of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean about 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) off the eastern coast of Kenya is known for its sandy beaches, clear waters and secluded hideaways.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
royal wedding, world news
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor 18 min ago
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested 42 min ago
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble 30 min ago
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry 6 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)