Kate Middleton's wedding dress to go on display
LONDON (KABC) -- The public will get a glimpse of Kate Middleton's wedding gown up close and in person. The dress is going on display this summer at Buckingham Palace.
Designed by Sarah Burton of the Alexander McQueen fashion house, the dress will be displayed from July 23 through October 3.
The veil, tiara, wedding shoes and diamond earrings that Middleton wore when she wed Prince William will also be part of the exhibit.
Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of Queen Elizabeth II, who allows tourists to visit some of the palace's state rooms during the summer months.
The tour also includes a display of some paintings from the queen's extensive art collection. Works by Rembrandt, Rubens and others are on display.
The state room tour typically costs 17.50 pounds ($29).
In the meantime, the royal couple have selected a small renovated apartment in Kensington Palace to be their official London residence for the next year while they seek out larger quarters.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, as the couple is officially known, plan to move into the refurbished apartments before embarking on their first official overseas trip to Canada and the United States later this month.
Their primary residence will still be a small house on the remote island of Anglesey off the coast of northwest Wales where William serves as a Royal Air Force helicopter rescue pilot.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
royal wedding, world news
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 8 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 34 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...