Kate Middleton's wedding dress to go on display
LONDON (KABC) -- The public will get a glimpse of Kate Middleton's wedding gown up close and in person. The dress is going on display this summer at Buckingham Palace.
Designed by Sarah Burton of the Alexander McQueen fashion house, the dress will be displayed from July 23 through October 3.
The veil, tiara, wedding shoes and diamond earrings that Middleton wore when she wed Prince William will also be part of the exhibit.
Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of Queen Elizabeth II, who allows tourists to visit some of the palace's state rooms during the summer months.
The tour also includes a display of some paintings from the queen's extensive art collection. Works by Rembrandt, Rubens and others are on display.
The state room tour typically costs 17.50 pounds ($29).
In the meantime, the royal couple have selected a small renovated apartment in Kensington Palace to be their official London residence for the next year while they seek out larger quarters.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, as the couple is officially known, plan to move into the refurbished apartments before embarking on their first official overseas trip to Canada and the United States later this month.
Their primary residence will still be a small house on the remote island of Anglesey off the coast of northwest Wales where William serves as a Royal Air Force helicopter rescue pilot.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
royal wedding, world news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 53 min ago
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- Sleet, ice, deep freeze hit large swath of US 56 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week 5 min ago
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis