Osama bin Laden wanted to kill Obama on 10th anniversary of 9/11, ABC News reports
ISLAMABAD (KABC) -- Osama bin Laden's potential targets on the 10th anniversary of Sept. 11 included an attack on President Barack Obama.
ABC News reports that the terrorist leader's prime target was Air Force One or Marine One while the president was on board.
The information was gleaned from a treasure trove of information seized from bin Laden's Pakistan compound after he was killed by Navy SEALs in May.
Bin Laden allegedly wanted to shoot the president's aircraft right out of the sky.
The former al Qaeda leader also hoped to kill General David Petraeus, according to ABC News.
al qaeda, world news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks