Osama bin Laden wanted to kill Obama on 10th anniversary of 9/11, ABC News reports
ISLAMABAD (KABC) -- Osama bin Laden's potential targets on the 10th anniversary of Sept. 11 included an attack on President Barack Obama.
ABC News reports that the terrorist leader's prime target was Air Force One or Marine One while the president was on board.
The information was gleaned from a treasure trove of information seized from bin Laden's Pakistan compound after he was killed by Navy SEALs in May.
Bin Laden allegedly wanted to shoot the president's aircraft right out of the sky.
The former al Qaeda leader also hoped to kill General David Petraeus, according to ABC News.
al qaeda, world news
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- Bariatric surgery improves health over years 34 min ago
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
22 min ago