Man in Afghan army uniform kills NATO trooper
KABUL, Afghanistan (KABC) -- A man wearing an Afghan army uniform shot and killed a NATO service member on Saturday.
The U.S.-led coalition said a search got under way after the shooting because the gunman ran off.
It's unknown whether the suspect was a member of the army or if he used the uniform as a disguise.
The incident remained under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
shooting, world news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis