Man in Afghan army uniform kills NATO trooper
KABUL, Afghanistan (KABC) -- A man wearing an Afghan army uniform shot and killed a NATO service member on Saturday.
The U.S.-led coalition said a search got under way after the shooting because the gunman ran off.
It's unknown whether the suspect was a member of the army or if he used the uniform as a disguise.
The incident remained under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
shooting, world news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role