Earth's population to reach 7 billion this year
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Earth's population is expected to reach 7 billion later this year, according to a new report.
The report by a Harvard professor says most the planet's growth will be seen developing countries.
The professor also suggested that the developing world will face hardships providing food, water, housing and energy to their growing populations.
The world's growth has been dramatic. In 2011, the Earth's population will grow by about 78 million. The global population hit 6 billion in 1999.
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials 29 min ago
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct 48 min ago
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt 27 min ago
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K 10 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce posts bikini pics, goes on vegan diet