Earth's population to reach 7 billion this year
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Earth's population is expected to reach 7 billion later this year, according to a new report.
The report by a Harvard professor says most the planet's growth will be seen developing countries.
The professor also suggested that the developing world will face hardships providing food, water, housing and energy to their growing populations.
The world's growth has been dramatic. In 2011, the Earth's population will grow by about 78 million. The global population hit 6 billion in 1999.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere