5 arrested in Monterrey casino massacre
MONTERREY, Mexico (KABC) -- Mexican police have arrested five people suspected of setting a Monterrey casino fire that killed 52 people last week.
The suspects are alleged members of the Zetas gang, drug cartel enforcers. Two other suspects are still being sought.
The attack happened Thursday at the Casino Royale in Monterrey.
Several men burst in carrying canisters of gasoline. In less than two minutes the casino was engulfed in flames.
Police suspect it may have been retaliation for the casino operators failing to pay extortion money.
drug war, drug cartel, fire, mexico, world news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke