Train collides with bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (KABC) -- A train crashed into a bus full of passengers in Argentina Tuesday, killing 11 and injuring more than 200.
Surveillance video shows a bus driver ignoring flashing lights as he maneuvers around a partially lowered railroad crossing barrier in Buenos Aires.
The crash killed 11 people, including the bus driver. More than 200 people suffered injuries.
Investigators acknowledge the bus driver ignored the signals but they say earlier in the day, a garbage truck broke off the end of the wooden barrier.
The recording shows a garbage truck breaking the end of the wooden, red-and-white painted barrier hours before Tuesday's pre-dawn crash. It then shows a security guard waving drivers across despite signals warning of nearby trains.
The video also shows that the security guard left just minutes before the 6:23 a.m. accident, and that someone had stuck a pole in the barrier to keep it from blocking traffic. It then shows a flow of traffic driving under the partially lowered barrier moments before the bus driver gambled that he could make it across as well.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
caught on tape, train accident, world news
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills 49 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA hospital
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 13 min ago
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting 36 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
24 min ago