Chinese fighter jet nose-dives at air show
BEIJING (KABC) -- A Chinese air force jet plunged to the ground at an air show Friday, and the crash was caught on tape.
One of the pilots bailed out at the last second, but another pilot was missing and presumed to be dead, according to air show officials.
The footage shows the jet sputtering and then nose-diving into a field outside the northern city of Xi'an as one of the pilots ejected from the cockpit and landed beneath an open parachute. That pilot had minor injuries.
The two-seater plane burst into flames in a fiery crash.
Investigators said it looked like the other pilot's seat did not eject. The plane crashed more than a mile from the nearest spectators.
The cause of the accident was under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
plane crash, caught on tape, world news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 6 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 35 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
1 min ago