Chinese fighter jet nose-dives at air show
BEIJING (KABC) -- A Chinese air force jet plunged to the ground at an air show Friday, and the crash was caught on tape.
One of the pilots bailed out at the last second, but another pilot was missing and presumed to be dead, according to air show officials.
The footage shows the jet sputtering and then nose-diving into a field outside the northern city of Xi'an as one of the pilots ejected from the cockpit and landed beneath an open parachute. That pilot had minor injuries.
The two-seater plane burst into flames in a fiery crash.
Investigators said it looked like the other pilot's seat did not eject. The plane crashed more than a mile from the nearest spectators.
The cause of the accident was under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
plane crash, caught on tape, world news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs 15 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones 10 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)