13 American soldiers killed in Afghan bombing
KABUL, Afghanistan (KABC) -- A U.S. official said all 13 NATO service members killed in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan were American troops.
A suicide bomber drove a van loaded with explosives into a coalition convoy in Kabul, the Afghan capital.
The explosion also killed four Afghans, including a policeman.
The Taliban promptly claimed responsibility for the attack. The explosion was one of three deadly incidents of the day across Afghanistan.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
afghanistan war, world news
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- Bariatric surgery improves health over years 42 min ago
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
30 min ago