13 American soldiers killed in Afghan bombing
KABUL, Afghanistan (KABC) -- A U.S. official said all 13 NATO service members killed in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan were American troops.
A suicide bomber drove a van loaded with explosives into a coalition convoy in Kabul, the Afghan capital.
The explosion also killed four Afghans, including a policeman.
The Taliban promptly claimed responsibility for the attack. The explosion was one of three deadly incidents of the day across Afghanistan.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
afghanistan war, world news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Telescope detects Earth-like planet
2 min ago