Plane from US lands with no landing gear
WARSAW, Poland (KABC) -- A Boeing 767 carrying 231 people on board made an incredible landing in Warsaw with no landing gear on Tuesday.
Authorities said pilots discovered there was a problem with the landing gear and circled above the airport for about an hour.
A fire brigade laid out special material with fire-fighting substances, and the plane out of Newark, New Jersey, finally landed on its belly without its wheels.
Small fires that erupted under the plane were immediately put out by firefighters.
None of the passengers were injured, said a spokesman for the Polish airline that operated the flight.
Poland's President Bronislaw Komorowski congratulated and thanked the pilot, Capt. Tadeusz Wrona, and the rest of the crew for their successful landing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
caught on tape, airplane, amazing video, world news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments