Plane from US lands with no landing gear
WARSAW, Poland (KABC) -- A Boeing 767 carrying 231 people on board made an incredible landing in Warsaw with no landing gear on Tuesday.
Authorities said pilots discovered there was a problem with the landing gear and circled above the airport for about an hour.
A fire brigade laid out special material with fire-fighting substances, and the plane out of Newark, New Jersey, finally landed on its belly without its wheels.
Small fires that erupted under the plane were immediately put out by firefighters.
None of the passengers were injured, said a spokesman for the Polish airline that operated the flight.
Poland's President Bronislaw Komorowski congratulated and thanked the pilot, Capt. Tadeusz Wrona, and the rest of the crew for their successful landing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
caught on tape, airplane, amazing video, world news
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 37 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders 56 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge 32 min ago
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke