Plane from US lands with no landing gear
WARSAW, Poland (KABC) -- A Boeing 767 carrying 231 people on board made an incredible landing in Warsaw with no landing gear on Tuesday.
Authorities said pilots discovered there was a problem with the landing gear and circled above the airport for about an hour.
A fire brigade laid out special material with fire-fighting substances, and the plane out of Newark, New Jersey, finally landed on its belly without its wheels.
Small fires that erupted under the plane were immediately put out by firefighters.
None of the passengers were injured, said a spokesman for the Polish airline that operated the flight.
Poland's President Bronislaw Komorowski congratulated and thanked the pilot, Capt. Tadeusz Wrona, and the rest of the crew for their successful landing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
caught on tape, airplane, amazing video, world news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Suspect killed in Alhambra PD station ID'ed
- Simi Valley attack may be gang-related, police say
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- NorCal beach parking fee fight gets heated
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list