Egypt docs: 3 killed in assault on protesters
CAIRO (KABC) -- Three people have been killed in a police and army assault to evict protesters at Cairo's central Tahrir Square, say Egyptian doctors.
The assault came on the second day of clashes between Egyptian security and protesters calling on the ruling military to quickly announce a date for the transfer of power to a civilian administration.
Doctors at nearby hospitals said a total of three men were reported dead as a result of the clash. Hundreds have also been wounded.
An estimated 5,000 protesters have been in and around Tahrir Square, the birthplace of the uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak in February.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
egypt, protest, world news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior 21 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever 55 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour