NATO: 3 troops killed in eastern Afghanistan
KABUL, Afghanistan (KABC) -- NATO says a roadside bombing killed three troops with the U.S.-led coalition in eastern Afghanistan.
The coalition recently shifted its focus from southern Afghanistan to the east, where militants are fighting Afghan and coalition troops along Pakistan border.
The exact location of the bombing was not disclosed.
So far this year, 519 NATO service members have been killed in Afghanistan, including at least 389 Americans.
afghanistan war, world news
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 51 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians