Kate Middleton makes first solo appearance as royal
LONDON (KABC) -- The Duchess of Cambridge dazzled at her first solo public engagement as a royal at Britain's National Portrait Gallery.
It was recently announced that the duchess is a patron of the gallery and that she will pose for a portrait in the near future.
Her appearance comes while Prince William is on a six-week deployment to the Falkland Islands.
The exhibit features more than 100 paintings completed over 70 years, many of them nude studies of the artist's friends and family.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
prince william, kate middleton, world news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks