Pippa Middleton completes Swedish cross-ski marathon
MORA, Sweden (KABC) -- Pippa Middleton completed a 56-mile cross-ski marathon in Sweden on Sunday.
The sister of Duchess of Cambridge- the former Kate Middleton- finished 412th in the women's category, completing the race in 7 hours 13 minutes. There were 15,800 total competitors. She told local stations that the race was tiring, and that she spent "a couple of weekends" preparing.
Pippa and her brother James participated in the Vasaloppet ski race to raise money for the children's charity Magic Breakfast. The race is one of the oldest in the world. The winner finished in 3 hours 38 minutes.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
kate middleton, world news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed 28 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects 48 min ago
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building 51 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book