Kate accompanies queen to kick off Diamond Jubilee celebrations
LEICESTER, England (KABC) -- Queen Elizabeth II has kicked off her Diamond Jubilee tour accompanied by none other than the former Kate Middleton.
The queen, her husband Philip, and the duke of Edinburgh and Kate were at Leicester's De Montfort University on Thursday.
After touring the university, the queen and the Duchess of Cambridge were treated to a student fashion show.
Before leaving, they also visited a shoe studio, where six fashion students were asked to design a shoe for Kate. The duchess will choose her favorite, which she has promised to wear.
The Diamond Jubilee celebrates Queen Elizabeth II being on the throne for 60 years. As part of the celebration, the queen and her husband were expected to visit Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
kate middleton, world news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 36 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 55 min ago
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
33 min ago