Kate accompanies queen to kick off Diamond Jubilee celebrations
LEICESTER, England (KABC) -- Queen Elizabeth II has kicked off her Diamond Jubilee tour accompanied by none other than the former Kate Middleton.
The queen, her husband Philip, and the duke of Edinburgh and Kate were at Leicester's De Montfort University on Thursday.
After touring the university, the queen and the Duchess of Cambridge were treated to a student fashion show.
Before leaving, they also visited a shoe studio, where six fashion students were asked to design a shoe for Kate. The duchess will choose her favorite, which she has promised to wear.
The Diamond Jubilee celebrates Queen Elizabeth II being on the throne for 60 years. As part of the celebration, the queen and her husband were expected to visit Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
kate middleton, world news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 25 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 54 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis 48 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
43 min ago