Kate Middleton visit causes soldier to faint
LONDON (KABC) -- Kate Middleton's presence at a St. Patrick's Day Parade in England was enough to make a soldier actually faint.
The Duchess of Cambridge visited the Aldershot Barracks and presented shamrocks to 40 officers and warrant officers on Saturday. Apparently, the excitement was too much for one Irish Guard, who fainted and collapsed to the floor. He looked bewildered and other guards had to help him up.
This was the first solo military engagement for the duchess. Meantime, she is gearing up for another first - her very first solo public address. She is scheduled to speak on Monday at the opening of a hospice that is run by one of her charities.
kate middleton, world news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 9 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds