Kate Middleton visit causes soldier to faint
LONDON (KABC) -- Kate Middleton's presence at a St. Patrick's Day Parade in England was enough to make a soldier actually faint.
The Duchess of Cambridge visited the Aldershot Barracks and presented shamrocks to 40 officers and warrant officers on Saturday. Apparently, the excitement was too much for one Irish Guard, who fainted and collapsed to the floor. He looked bewildered and other guards had to help him up.
This was the first solo military engagement for the duchess. Meantime, she is gearing up for another first - her very first solo public address. She is scheduled to speak on Monday at the opening of a hospice that is run by one of her charities.
kate middleton, world news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 12 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 38 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 42 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour