Kate Middleton visit causes soldier to faint
LONDON (KABC) -- Kate Middleton's presence at a St. Patrick's Day Parade in England was enough to make a soldier actually faint.
The Duchess of Cambridge visited the Aldershot Barracks and presented shamrocks to 40 officers and warrant officers on Saturday. Apparently, the excitement was too much for one Irish Guard, who fainted and collapsed to the floor. He looked bewildered and other guards had to help him up.
This was the first solo military engagement for the duchess. Meantime, she is gearing up for another first - her very first solo public address. She is scheduled to speak on Monday at the opening of a hospice that is run by one of her charities.
kate middleton, world news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report