John Wayne Airport sees power failure, flight delays
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A power failure at John Wayne Airport delayed five flights for an hour Sunday.
The power supply to the control tower failed on Friday. Since then, the tower has been using an emergency generator, but it stopped working around 12 p.m.
The generator was fixed shortly before 1 p.m. Incoming flights were not affected.
power outage, airport news, world news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 6 min ago
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 37 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 40 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy 24 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video