Prince William back in UK after Falkland Islands tour
LONDON (KABC) -- Prince William returned to Britain on Wednesday. He had been stationed on the Falkland Islands since February.
Flight Lt. Wales, as he's known in the Royal Air Force, was one of several pilots on call for search-and-rescue missions.
William's visit angered Argentina, which claims the islands 290 miles off its coast. His deployment added to growing tension in the run-up to next month's 30th anniversary of Argentina's attempt to regain the islands.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
prince william, world news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 11 min ago
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot 17 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 48 min ago
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14