Prince William back in UK after Falkland Islands tour
LONDON (KABC) -- Prince William returned to Britain on Wednesday. He had been stationed on the Falkland Islands since February.
Flight Lt. Wales, as he's known in the Royal Air Force, was one of several pilots on call for search-and-rescue missions.
William's visit angered Argentina, which claims the islands 290 miles off its coast. His deployment added to growing tension in the run-up to next month's 30th anniversary of Argentina's attempt to regain the islands.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
prince william, world news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Suspect killed in Alhambra PD station ID'ed 27 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Damaged trains being removed from Conn. site
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge