North Korea ramps up preparations for long-range missile test
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia (KABC) -- It appears North Korea has ramped up preparations for a long-range missile test.
New satellite images of the launch site appear to show a mobile radar trailer and rows of empty fuel tanks. Experts say the pictures provide evidence that North Korea's work on the launch is going according to schedule.
The launch is set for sometime between April 12 and 16.
North Korea says its launching a satellite, but the U.S. and others say the country is testing missile systems for nuclear weapons.
Discussions of the launch were expected to dominate the Association of Southeast Asian Nations annual diplomatic summit, which starts Tuesday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
north korea, world news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- LA sheriffs rescue stranded family of seven 32 min ago
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- NorCal beach parking fee fight gets heated
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list