North Korea ramps up preparations for long-range missile test
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia (KABC) -- It appears North Korea has ramped up preparations for a long-range missile test.
New satellite images of the launch site appear to show a mobile radar trailer and rows of empty fuel tanks. Experts say the pictures provide evidence that North Korea's work on the launch is going according to schedule.
The launch is set for sometime between April 12 and 16.
North Korea says its launching a satellite, but the U.S. and others say the country is testing missile systems for nuclear weapons.
Discussions of the launch were expected to dominate the Association of Southeast Asian Nations annual diplomatic summit, which starts Tuesday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
north korea, world news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments