North Korea ramps up preparations for long-range missile test
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia (KABC) -- It appears North Korea has ramped up preparations for a long-range missile test.
New satellite images of the launch site appear to show a mobile radar trailer and rows of empty fuel tanks. Experts say the pictures provide evidence that North Korea's work on the launch is going according to schedule.
The launch is set for sometime between April 12 and 16.
North Korea says its launching a satellite, but the U.S. and others say the country is testing missile systems for nuclear weapons.
Discussions of the launch were expected to dominate the Association of Southeast Asian Nations annual diplomatic summit, which starts Tuesday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
north korea, world news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 3 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal 9 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis