North Korea ramps up preparations for long-range missile test
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia (KABC) -- It appears North Korea has ramped up preparations for a long-range missile test.
New satellite images of the launch site appear to show a mobile radar trailer and rows of empty fuel tanks. Experts say the pictures provide evidence that North Korea's work on the launch is going according to schedule.
The launch is set for sometime between April 12 and 16.
North Korea says its launching a satellite, but the U.S. and others say the country is testing missile systems for nuclear weapons.
Discussions of the launch were expected to dominate the Association of Southeast Asian Nations annual diplomatic summit, which starts Tuesday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
north korea, world news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 52 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...