South Korea claims North Korea digging nuclear weapons test tunnel
TONGCHANG-RI, North Korea (KABC) -- Concerns about a possible nuclear test in North Korea continue to grow as South Korea says the country is digging underground tunnels that can be used to test nuclear weapons.
South Korea claims recent satellite photos show piles of dirt near the new underground tunnel. This comes as North Korea prepares to fire a long-range rocket.
Other countries say it's a cover for testing missile technology that could be used to fire on the United States; North Korea says it's merely launching an observation satellite.
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Blind man, dog safe after subway track fall
29 min ago