South Korea claims North Korea digging nuclear weapons test tunnel
TONGCHANG-RI, North Korea (KABC) -- Concerns about a possible nuclear test in North Korea continue to grow as South Korea says the country is digging underground tunnels that can be used to test nuclear weapons.
South Korea claims recent satellite photos show piles of dirt near the new underground tunnel. This comes as North Korea prepares to fire a long-range rocket.
Other countries say it's a cover for testing missile technology that could be used to fire on the United States; North Korea says it's merely launching an observation satellite.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 51 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies 19 min ago
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video