Prince William, Kate to mark 1st wedding anniversary
LONDON (KABC) -- Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate will mark their first wedding anniversary on Sunday. Buckingham Palace says they will celebrate in private.
Their first year of marriage has been largely free of controversy.
"The first year of marriage is difficult for everybody and they've adapted to their role admirably," said Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty magazine.
On Thursday, the royal couple visited the London headquarters of the MI6 intelligence agency and also attended a reception.
Royal-watcher tongues have been wagging after Duchess of Cambridge was seen doting over a newborn baby at a charity event. The infant is the son of a British explorer.
William later cradled the baby boy as well. But he brushed off suggestions that he and Kate were getting in a little practice for parenthood.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
prince william, kate middleton, world news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen 40 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 26 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever 12 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour