Kate Middleton, Prince William hit 1-year marriage mark
LONDON (KABC) -- Exactly a year ago, Britain's Prince William and Kate Middleton tied the knot in a fairytale wedding at Westminster Abbey.
A reported two billion people watched the royal wedding.
Palace officials say the couple plan on celebrating their one year anniversary with close friends and family in a quiet, private gathering.
The royal couple have spent much of the past few months away from each other, with William fulfilling his military duty in South America.
Sources close to the couple say they are in no hurry to start a family.
prince william, kate middleton, world news
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants