Human hand, foot sent to 2 Canada schools
MONTREAL (KABC) -- Canadian authorities say packages delivered to two Vancouver schools contained a human foot and hand, but it was not yet clear if they were connected to the bizarre porn star cannibal case.
The British Columbia Coroner's Service and the Vancouver police's major crime investigators have been called in. One of Lin's hands, a foot and his head are still missing.
Last week, body parts were mailed to the headquarters of the federal Liberal and Conservative parties. Police said notes were found in the packages, but did not release details on the notes.
Police had previously denied that there were notes. Montreal Police Cmdr. Ian Lafreniere said police did not want copycats. Lafreniere said one note was in the package opened at the ruling Conservative party headquarters.
The prime suspect in the case, 29-year-old Luka Rocco Magnotta, faces a charge of threatening Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
Police also say body parts delivered to two Vancouver schools on Tuesday are thought to be linked to the case as well.
Magnotta, a former L.A. porn actor, was arrested on Monday in Berlin for the videotaped killing and dismemberment of his former lover, 33-year-old Chinese student Jun Lin. He was expected to be extradited from Germany.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
murder, arrest, world news
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- Katherine Jackson cries, leaves courtroom
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'