Prince William turns 30 with low-key celebration
LONDON (KABC) -- Prince William plans to celebrate his 30th birthday on Thursday with a private, low-key event, according to Buckingham Palace.
The prince and his wife, the former Kate Middleton, planned to just have a few close friends over for a private dinner at their home in north Wales.
With his milestone birthday, Prince William is set to receive an esimated $15 million under the terms of the will of his late mother, Princess Diana. The exact amount is not known because the current value of the trust set up by his mother has not been made public.
William, who is second in line for the throne behind his father, Prince Charles, has been pursuing a military career as a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
prince william, world news
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver 35 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants 11 min ago
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold front moves across Southern California 38 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect 56 min ago
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending
18 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
40 min ago