Prince William turns 30 with low-key celebration
LONDON (KABC) -- Prince William plans to celebrate his 30th birthday on Thursday with a private, low-key event, according to Buckingham Palace.
The prince and his wife, the former Kate Middleton, planned to just have a few close friends over for a private dinner at their home in north Wales.
With his milestone birthday, Prince William is set to receive an esimated $15 million under the terms of the will of his late mother, Princess Diana. The exact amount is not known because the current value of the trust set up by his mother has not been made public.
William, who is second in line for the throne behind his father, Prince Charles, has been pursuing a military career as a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
prince william, world news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book