7 US troops die in Afghan helicopter crash
KABUL, Afghanistan (KABC) -- The Taliban is claiming responsibility for shooting down a NATO helicopter in Afghanistan. Eleven people were killed, including seven American troops.
Four Afghans also died. Three were members of the security forces and one was a civilian interpreter. The UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter crashed Thursday in Kandahar province.
NATO is investigating the cause of the crash, and it isn't commenting on the Taliban claim.
DEVELOPING...We will add more details to this report as they become available.
taliban, u.s. troops, world news
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly killed woman
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again
- Aug. trial set for Ohio man in kidnap case 3 min ago
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US 59 min ago
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video) 2 min ago