7 US troops die in Afghan helicopter crash
KABUL, Afghanistan (KABC) -- The Taliban is claiming responsibility for shooting down a NATO helicopter in Afghanistan. Eleven people were killed, including seven American troops.
Four Afghans also died. Three were members of the security forces and one was a civilian interpreter. The UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter crashed Thursday in Kandahar province.
NATO is investigating the cause of the crash, and it isn't commenting on the Taliban claim.
DEVELOPING...We will add more details to this report as they become available.
taliban, u.s. troops, world news
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78 17 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report