7 US troops die in Afghan helicopter crash
KABUL, Afghanistan (KABC) -- The Taliban is claiming responsibility for shooting down a NATO helicopter in Afghanistan. Eleven people were killed, including seven American troops.
Four Afghans also died. Three were members of the security forces and one was a civilian interpreter. The UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter crashed Thursday in Kandahar province.
NATO is investigating the cause of the crash, and it isn't commenting on the Taliban claim.
DEVELOPING...We will add more details to this report as they become available.
taliban, u.s. troops, world news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 35 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 57 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring 18 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles 8 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break