Prince William, Kate start Asia tour in Singapore
SINGAPORE (KABC) -- Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate arrived in Singapore on Tuesday on an official visit and saw an orchid named for them and another for Princess Diana.
It was their first stop on a nine-day tour of the Far East and South Pacific in celebration of the queen's Diamond Jubilee.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were welcomed by an honor guard as they met Singapore's president. Kate wore a pale floral dress to the event. She was carrying an orchid bouquet when she and William greeted staff and spectators at the historic Raffles Hotel later in the day.
Diana was due to visit the white orchid named in her honor in 1997, but was killed in a car crash two weeks earlier.
The couple is also scheduled to visit the Solomon Islands and Tuvalu.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student 49 min ago
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 4 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis