6.3 earthquake hits Maluku in eastern Indonesia; no reports of casualties
JAKARTA, Indonesia (KABC) -- A strong earthquake shook Maluku in eastern Indonesia Monday.
The 6.3 earthquake was centered 139 kilometers southeast of Ambon, the provincial capital of Maluku.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injury.
According to Indonesia's meteorology and geophysics agency, there is no danger of a tsunami.
earthquake, world news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 16 min ago
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees