6.3 earthquake hits Maluku in eastern Indonesia; no reports of casualties
JAKARTA, Indonesia (KABC) -- A strong earthquake shook Maluku in eastern Indonesia Monday.
The 6.3 earthquake was centered 139 kilometers southeast of Ambon, the provincial capital of Maluku.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injury.
According to Indonesia's meteorology and geophysics agency, there is no danger of a tsunami.
earthquake, world news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building 48 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer 46 min ago
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book