6.3 earthquake hits Maluku in eastern Indonesia; no reports of casualties
JAKARTA, Indonesia (KABC) -- A strong earthquake shook Maluku in eastern Indonesia Monday.
The 6.3 earthquake was centered 139 kilometers southeast of Ambon, the provincial capital of Maluku.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injury.
According to Indonesia's meteorology and geophysics agency, there is no danger of a tsunami.
earthquake, world news
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews