Nurse in royal hoax call found hanging in room, coroner says
LONDON (KABC) -- The nurse who took a prank call about the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge was found hanging by the neck, a coroner's officer said Thursday.
Jacintha Saldanha was found hanging by a scarf from a wardrobe in her room by a colleague and a member of security at London's King Edward VII Hospital last week, three days after answering a hoax call from Australian radio station 2DayFM.
Radio hosts Mel Greig and Michael Christian called London's King Edward VII Hospital pretending to be Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles. They were able to get confidential information about the former Kate Middleton's health condition after Saldanha put their call through. The duchess was admitted for severe morning sickness.
A police officer told a coroner's inquest Thursday that Saldanha left three notes in the room. There were no suspicious circumstances.
prince william, kate middleton, world news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 51 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 27 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
49 min ago