Nurse in royal hoax call found hanging in room, coroner says
LONDON (KABC) -- The nurse who took a prank call about the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge was found hanging by the neck, a coroner's officer said Thursday.
Jacintha Saldanha was found hanging by a scarf from a wardrobe in her room by a colleague and a member of security at London's King Edward VII Hospital last week, three days after answering a hoax call from Australian radio station 2DayFM.
Radio hosts Mel Greig and Michael Christian called London's King Edward VII Hospital pretending to be Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles. They were able to get confidential information about the former Kate Middleton's health condition after Saldanha put their call through. The duchess was admitted for severe morning sickness.
A police officer told a coroner's inquest Thursday that Saldanha left three notes in the room. There were no suspicious circumstances.
prince william, kate middleton, world news
- Malaysian official: Missing jet hijacked 35 min ago
- Westbound 134 Fwy closed due to police activity
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)