Turkey police: Missing NYC woman killed by blow to head
ANKARA, Turkey (KABC) -- A New York City woman who went missing and later found dead in Istanbul suffered a fatal blow to the head, Turkish police say.
Istanbul police said on Sunday that forensic experts had not finished their autopsy on the victim, Sarai Sierra, but that it was "clear" the head injury caused her death.
The 33-year-old was last heard from on Jan. 21 - the day she was scheduled to fly home from a vacation.
Her body was discovered Saturday night near the remnants of ancient city walls.
The mother of two reportedly still had her earrings and a bracelet when she was found.
Turkish state-run news agency NTV says 15 people have been detained for questioning in the case.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
missing person, murder, world news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- Stolen truck w/ radioactive load found empty 17 min ago
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- Air zone dispute: US, China talk; no consensus
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- 'Curb Appeal' co-host killed in SF crash
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film