Queen Elizabeth II released from hospital after stomach bug
LONDON (KABC) -- Queen Elizabeth II has been released from the hospital after a short stay for a severe stomach bug.
The 86-year-old monarch was smiling as she walked out of a London hospital Monday morning.
A spokesperson said the queen was hospitalized as a precautionary measure. She was admitted Sunday after experiencing symptoms of gastroenteritis.
She has canceled or postponed the rest of this week's planned events and appearances, including a trip to Rome.
The queen is generally believed to be in good health. This was her first hospitalization in 10 years.
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
27 min ago