Queen Elizabeth II released from hospital after stomach bug
LONDON (KABC) -- Queen Elizabeth II has been released from the hospital after a short stay for a severe stomach bug.
The 86-year-old monarch was smiling as she walked out of a London hospital Monday morning.
A spokesperson said the queen was hospitalized as a precautionary measure. She was admitted Sunday after experiencing symptoms of gastroenteritis.
She has canceled or postponed the rest of this week's planned events and appearances, including a trip to Rome.
The queen is generally believed to be in good health. This was her first hospitalization in 10 years.
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 15 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 59 min ago
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 59 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 57 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks