Osama bin Laden's son-in-law caught in Jordan, US official says
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- U.S. officials have captured Osama bin Laden's spokesman and son-in-law, a senior congressman said Thursday.
Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said Sulaiman Abu Ghaith was caught in Jordan within the last week, calling it a "very significant victory."
According to officials, Ghaith took part in the Sept. 11, 2001, plot against the U.S.
King said U.S. law enforcement officials confirmed the capture.
"I commend our CIA and FBI, our allies in Jordan, and President [Barack] Obama for their capture of al-Qaeda spokesman Sulaiman Abu Ghaith. I trust he received a vigorous interrogation, and will face swift and certain justice," King said in a statement.
al qaeda, terrorism, the pentagon, washington d.c., security, legal, world news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 10 min ago
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 24 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 38 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case 18 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 6 min ago
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 3 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 19 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 40 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 30 min ago
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour