Osama bin Laden's son-in-law caught in Jordan, US official says
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- U.S. officials have captured Osama bin Laden's spokesman and son-in-law, a senior congressman said Thursday.
Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said Sulaiman Abu Ghaith was caught in Jordan within the last week, calling it a "very significant victory."
According to officials, Ghaith took part in the Sept. 11, 2001, plot against the U.S.
King said U.S. law enforcement officials confirmed the capture.
"I commend our CIA and FBI, our allies in Jordan, and President [Barack] Obama for their capture of al-Qaeda spokesman Sulaiman Abu Ghaith. I trust he received a vigorous interrogation, and will face swift and certain justice," King said in a statement.
al qaeda, terrorism, the pentagon, washington d.c., security, legal, world news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors