Osama bin Laden's son-in-law caught in Jordan, US official says
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- U.S. officials have captured Osama bin Laden's spokesman and son-in-law, a senior congressman said Thursday.
Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said Sulaiman Abu Ghaith was caught in Jordan within the last week, calling it a "very significant victory."
According to officials, Ghaith took part in the Sept. 11, 2001, plot against the U.S.
King said U.S. law enforcement officials confirmed the capture.
"I commend our CIA and FBI, our allies in Jordan, and President [Barack] Obama for their capture of al-Qaeda spokesman Sulaiman Abu Ghaith. I trust he received a vigorous interrogation, and will face swift and certain justice," King said in a statement.
al qaeda, terrorism, the pentagon, washington d.c., security, legal, world news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 55 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal 32 min ago
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart 4 min ago
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)