Prince Harry to visit US for a week in May
LONDON (KABC) -- Prince Harry is scheduled to visit the U.S. for one week, starting May 9.
The 28-year-old prince will stop by Arlington National Cemetery and meet with troops at Walter Reed National Medical Center. Harry will also go to Connecticut and New Jersey to tour the damage from Hurricane Sandy.
The prince is also expected to be in Denver to support veterans' charities. He will attend several events at the 2013 Warrior Games, a competition in which veteran athletes from both Britain and the United States take part. He will also visit the U.S. Olympic headquarters and play baseball with disadvantaged youth.
On his last U.S. visit, the third-in-line to the British throne stormed into the headlines last year when he was caught frolicking in the nude with a woman after an alleged game of strip billiards in his Las Vegas hotel room. This time around, he will skip Las Vegas.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks