Prince Harry to visit US for a week in May
LONDON (KABC) -- Prince Harry is scheduled to visit the U.S. for one week, starting May 9.
The 28-year-old prince will stop by Arlington National Cemetery and meet with troops at Walter Reed National Medical Center. Harry will also go to Connecticut and New Jersey to tour the damage from Hurricane Sandy.
The prince is also expected to be in Denver to support veterans' charities. He will attend several events at the 2013 Warrior Games, a competition in which veteran athletes from both Britain and the United States take part. He will also visit the U.S. Olympic headquarters and play baseball with disadvantaged youth.
On his last U.S. visit, the third-in-line to the British throne stormed into the headlines last year when he was caught frolicking in the nude with a woman after an alleged game of strip billiards in his Las Vegas hotel room. This time around, he will skip Las Vegas.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 16 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena 32 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit 42 min ago
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii 56 min ago
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Longest Rose Parade float goes for test drive
26 min ago