Prince Harry to visit US for a week in May
LONDON (KABC) -- Prince Harry is scheduled to visit the U.S. for one week, starting May 9.
The 28-year-old prince will stop by Arlington National Cemetery and meet with troops at Walter Reed National Medical Center. Harry will also go to Connecticut and New Jersey to tour the damage from Hurricane Sandy.
The prince is also expected to be in Denver to support veterans' charities. He will attend several events at the 2013 Warrior Games, a competition in which veteran athletes from both Britain and the United States take part. He will also visit the U.S. Olympic headquarters and play baseball with disadvantaged youth.
On his last U.S. visit, the third-in-line to the British throne stormed into the headlines last year when he was caught frolicking in the nude with a woman after an alleged game of strip billiards in his Las Vegas hotel room. This time around, he will skip Las Vegas.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 33 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 14 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 16 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 6 min ago
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour