Prince Philip out of hospital after abdomen surgery
LONDON (KABC) -- Britain's Prince Philip was released from a London hospital Monday where he underwent surgery 10 days ago.
The 92-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II smiled as he walked out of the clinic. He was there for exploratory surgery on his abdomen. Philip has suffered heart and bladder problems in the past.
Buckingham Palace said Philip was "in good condition and good spirits." No other details were released about his condition, but royal officials say he is making satisfactory progress.
The prince is expected to spend two months recovering at Windsor Castle near London.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 1 min ago
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario 51 min ago
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies 9 min ago
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany 32 min ago
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)