Prince Philip out of hospital after abdomen surgery
LONDON (KABC) -- Britain's Prince Philip was released from a London hospital Monday where he underwent surgery 10 days ago.
The 92-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II smiled as he walked out of the clinic. He was there for exploratory surgery on his abdomen. Philip has suffered heart and bladder problems in the past.
Buckingham Palace said Philip was "in good condition and good spirits." No other details were released about his condition, but royal officials say he is making satisfactory progress.
The prince is expected to spend two months recovering at Windsor Castle near London.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2